Yeah, they’ll be on different flights, but at least they’ll get to Indy and back for free.
1 Down…1 to Go. Chapter founder, Mark Geenen, booked current chapter President Adam Shea a flight to Indianapolis for the 152nd Anniversary National Leadership Conference.
We’re still looking to the rest of the alumni to help chapter Vice President, CJ Scott, get on the same flight. The two undergrads – Adam and CJ – have volunteered to attend the conference this year. In the past alumni have done what they could to share the cost of the trip.
If you can offer United miles or can book the flight directly, please contact us.
When it rains it pours. After a few months of asking the OX List for volunteers for the next fundraising effort, we got 4 volunteers in a single week. The group has agreed to work together to reach out to alumni, raise funds for this Summer’s house project (we need to replace the roof), and beyond that to put a sustainable fundraiser in place. The group consists of:
- Ed Stone
- Mark Geenen
- Brian D.
- Tyler T.
If you’d like to help out, contact the group at: email@example.com
Q1, 2008 RECAP:
- April’s Active/Alumni work weekend at the House was a success, and on a shoestring budget. All funds were donated by alumni. Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/reither/tags/20080330/
- EtaOmega.org website went down because Esposto was the administrator, and he moved to the Bay Area. Obviously it’s back up now…brand new design.
- Our finances/books needed attention – they were all still paper-based until this year. Everything has been migrated to QuickBooks now.
- We found a new CPA in Stockton to file our taxes (charges $500, but says he can eliminate some fees that we currently owe)
- New Chapter President (Adam Shea) and his exec are working to get 16 leases signed for 2008/2009.
- Got volunteers (Ed Stone, Mark Geenen, Brian D., and Tyler T.) to help out with Alumni Fundraising.
- Priority summer project is to fix the house roof and gutters to prevent further leaking.
- Brian Flournoy is heading this and donating all materials.
- We still need to raise money to pay for the labor…which is estimated at $25,000 – please donate to the House Fund if you can.