We’re losing a good man – and an Alumni Board member – up in Chico. Brother Erick Sondeno, who along with Jim Hull, oversaw the entire Cottage re-build in 2007, is leaving Chico. Erick is the Alumni House Manager, but it’ll be a tough for him to be on-site at 630 w. 5th St. very often after he’s moved to his new home in San Francisco.
1 Down…1 to Go. Chapter founder, Mark Geenen, booked current chapter President Adam Shea a flight to Indianapolis for the 152nd Anniversary National Leadership Conference.
We’re still looking to the rest of the alumni to help chapter Vice President, CJ Scott, get on the same flight. The two undergrads – Adam and CJ – have volunteered to attend the conference this year. In the past alumni have done what they could to share the cost of the trip.
If you can offer United miles or can book the flight directly, please contact us.
When it rains it pours. After a few months of asking the OX List for volunteers for the next fundraising effort, we got 4 volunteers in a single week. The group has agreed to work together to reach out to alumni, raise funds for this Summer’s house project (we need to replace the roof), and beyond that to put a sustainable fundraiser in place. The group consists of:
- Ed Stone
- Mark Geenen
- Brian D.
- Tyler T.
If you’d like to help out, contact the group at: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Cherokee: “They are Nike Soccer Shorts. I just have two complete sets of shorts, one Red and white, and one black and white. 15 of each color. I also have black uniform tops to match (XL). The shorts at retail value total around $750, and the 2 uniforms total $70, I figure if nothing else the goal keeper can wear the black top.”
Q1, 2008 RECAP:
- April’s Active/Alumni work weekend at the House was a success, and on a shoestring budget. All funds were donated by alumni. Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/reither/tags/20080330/
- EtaOmega.org website went down because Esposto was the administrator, and he moved to the Bay Area. Obviously it’s back up now…brand new design.
- Our finances/books needed attention – they were all still paper-based until this year. Everything has been migrated to QuickBooks now.
- We found a new CPA in Stockton to file our taxes (charges $500, but says he can eliminate some fees that we currently owe)
- New Chapter President (Adam Shea) and his exec are working to get 16 leases signed for 2008/2009.
- Got volunteers (Ed Stone, Mark Geenen, Brian D., and Tyler T.) to help out with Alumni Fundraising.
- Priority summer project is to fix the house roof and gutters to prevent further leaking.
- Brian Flournoy is heading this and donating all materials.
- We still need to raise money to pay for the labor…which is estimated at $25,000 – please donate to the House Fund if you can.
Welcome to the new Eta Omega website – the internet home of the Eta Omega chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity at California State University, Chico. Same information as the old site – just a slightly update look. This new site should be a little easier to navigate and easier for administrators to keep current…so that’s good.
Bookmark this site and check back often for updates (find other ways to keep in touch). If you have news to share, and want it published here, just send an e-mail to the alumni technical contact (find the e-mail address here).
EtaOmega.org was down for a few months early this year, but the newsletter was still sent out to OX List members in January. Now that this website is back up you can find the newsletter here: Eta Omega Newsletter 2008 (v2). “V2” (version 2) means some minor revisions were made to the document in June, 2008.
Pictures from the year we re-built the cottage, raised $30,000 from alumni donations, and had one hell of a 25th Anniversary party in Chico.
25th Anniversary Photos (November 10, 2007):
Hundreds of alumni, family, and friends came together for a night at the Chico Elks Lodge event center.
- Pics from the hired photographer:
- Pics from brother Mike Zapata:
- Pics from brother Greg Romer:
Alumni / Active House Work Day (April 21, 2007):
Alumni and Actives Come Together To Knock Out A Few Important House Projects
Summer 2007 Cottage Re-build Work (July 15, 2007):
Sondeno and Hull and a bunch of Actives begin work on the Cottage Re-build
Cottage Re-model COMPLETED (September 1, 2007):
A Summer of Hard Work Paid Off. The Cottage Re-Model is Done.