Chico Updates from the Alum VP
Eta Omega Chapter President, Adam Shea and Andrew Chalmers attend the 15th Annual B. Nelson Deranian Presidents Conference (DPC) for chapter, colony, and interest group leaders will in Indianapolis. Their flights apparently sucked but they had a good time anyway (even though they couldn’t find any Alpha Phi’s to party with).
When it was all said and done, they both learned many new best practices that help create and maintain successful chapters across the nation. Andrew later said, “I was fortunate enough to see Jereme Grinsdale at the goodbye dinner … he is excited to see what we have in store and he touched on what the chapter also needs to be on track for to be considered for the loan… GRADES. Last semester we were above our required average for the school and our pledge class had the highest GPA among the other fraternities.” Keep those grades in check gentleman!
The Chico State campus has had some recent news as well:
- Chico will honor Charles Darwin’s 200th birthday by organizing a series of events, film showings, lectures, and nature hikes.
- For the second year in a row, CSU, Chico is the top collegiate fund-raiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., with a total of $183,561 raised during 2007-2008, with records for the number of volunteers, 2,021-and the number of letters sent out requesting support, more than 37,000.
- Chico State’s Career Center, Best in the West! A 2007 survey of recruiters rated 70 percent of Chico State students Outstanding or Above Average compared to students at other universities. Over 83 percent rated our Career Center operations as either Outstanding or Above Average.
- Forbes Magazine ranked CSU, Chico 24th in the nation among all public universities for the median salaries of its graduates, based on a 2008 study by PayScale.com, which looked at the earnings of college graduates with 10-20 years of work experience.
- New student Rec and exercise center to open Spring 2009.
So do kids still go to the flumes, or tube down the river, or sneak into Dime Bag Willie’s house…?
Alumni Board / Vice President